The System Engineer’s primary responsibility is to perform technical tasks for OTTR clients directly related to the implementation and support of the OTTR system. The successful candidate will work closely with the project managers to ensure that scope, cost, timelines and contractual deliverables are accomplished. He or she will also be responsible for developing and updating supporting documentation including functional design specifications, process and procedure guidelines and operational timelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of assigned tasks to comply with the scope, risks, timeline and costs throughout project life cycle.
- Creates and updates necessary system and task documents to maintain documented history of customer needs, and ensures task documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Performs tasks to ensure timely project completion, reporting on variances in estimates for timelines and level of effort.
- Creates custom configuration in client systems in accordance with functional requirements.
- Performs analysis of system hardware, database and configuration to ensure product integrity and performance.
- Tests application and system configuration to report and correct issues observed.
- Verifies requirements and specifications for reports and system configuration.
- Ensures compliance with OTTR procedures and protocols.
- Accurately forecasts task deliverables, level of effort and timelines.
- Identifies additional selling opportunities and works with the territory sales team to convert leads into new deals or add-on engagements.
Knowledge & Experience:
This position requires:
- 4-year degree, degree in MIS preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience in system engineering or programming
- At least 2 years’ experience in excellent communication and requirement documentation skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- At least 2 years’ experience with Microsoft SQL or Oracle databases
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint expertise
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- High energy and a positive attitude
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, team player
- Required 25% travel
- English: Fluent
- Knowledge of solid organ or blood marrow transplant
- Medical experience in a hospital
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Crystal Reports
The team member will work in an office environment and occasionally in the external environment. Business needs may demand 25% travel with overnight stays. Business needs will demand extended hours as needed to support client relationships.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
You must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including, for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history and educational background.